Monday, November 8, 2010

Green Grocer Bag Challenge - For the Holidays

Every year I try to put together a package of things that I really enjoyed during the year for family and friends. It's nothing big or expensive (haha I'm not Oprah ;)), but usually something small and fun to share. So last year I put together a Green Grocer Goodies bag.

IMG_2521

Why am I reliving this project?  I'm sharing this project at this years'
Green Grocery Bag Challenge

@Sew, Mama, Sew!

I think Green Grocery bags are a great way to save resources and reduce the amount of waste in landfills.  But reusable bags are not just for groceries, they could be used for ... anything you would need a bag for :) - including gift giving.

I got these from the local Whole Foods Market. It's their Sheryl Crow bag in the smaller size. They cost only 79 cents but it held a good amount of goodies. I stuffed it with my favorite teas, coffees, cookies and other treats.  The bags are sewn at the seams and super durable - and quite stylish :).

Why Green Bags for the Holidays are TOTALLY Awesome:
  • The bags were tied closed with scraps of fabrics I have left over from sewing projects
  • For the 'gift tag' I just used the tags that came with the bags.  It was a nice green tag printed with the why green bags are awesome :)
  • For added festivities, I got some holiday ornaments to tie on the outside of the bags.  Makes the bags scream out Happy Holidays and the ornaments are totally reusable to hang on a Christmas tree later on. 
  • Added bonus to the green theme was seeing these bags being used after the holidays.  I saw family members and friends use it for everything from grocery shopping to lunch bags to kid's toy/book bags.  It's great to see them make good use of the bag instead of throwing it out like every other regular gift bag.
So go ahead and raid your local grocery store for these bags - or any bag that you absolutely find to be totally awesome.  Here's my stash from last year:

    IMG_2523

    I put together over 40 bags.  I wonder how many of these are still being used :).

    Happy (Early) Holidays. 

    2 comments:

    Mandy Beyeler said...

    Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Craft Edition - I featured you today!! - Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com

    The Autocrat: Haley said...

    What a super great idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...