Thursday, June 7, 2012

WIP and Garden Update

After a usually cold and rainy few days here in California, we are finally treated to some beautiful weather. That means GARDENING time...and some time for sewing of course ;).

My oldest, Asher, helped me pick some annuals to put into our new vegetable garden.  Here's a picture of the new flowers next to our little tomato plant.  

The strawberries has embraced the sunshine and turning a delicious red.

The zucchini seedlings has POPPED.  Wow what a difference a couple of weeks make...

And of course some time in the sewing room :).  Binding all cut and sewn for a quilt that is (almost) ready for showing.

I'm also working on a new quilt inspired by retro style florals.  I have a bunch of half squares cut and ready to be pressed.

...only 400 more to go!  Fun times :)


3 comments:

angeliki said...

Hi Q! Your plants look great! I'm new to gardening and enjoy it a lot, even though I have a small balcony to create! If you ever have some time, pop in to my blog to see my treasures!
Have a nice day,
Angeliki

Unknown said...

So glad to see your garden is growing so well! We've been enjoying the strawberries here, too (if we can beat the rabbits to them)... And yikes - 400 MORE - you have true quilter's dedication. I need some it, if you have any to spare ;)

michael greenfingers said...

All the gardens reach a point where they need a little renovation. Renovation is a huge work. It requires a lot of new ideas, time, and knowledge. Most of the people want to rearrange their garden to be more beautiful and more comfortable. Some people want to install a pond or a swimming pool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...