Welcome Red Poppies :).
After months of sewing, pressing (repeat repeat repeat), quilting and lots of distractions due to the holidays I finally got a chance to finish Red Poppies.
The poppies, buds, and steams are all raw edged appliques set in a white background.
Each area of the poppies are framed with matching fabrics.
The binding is a matching dark red fabric with a slight stripe and circular pattern...and check out my new labels in action :).
For the back of the quilt I used off white as the main fabric with a giant strip of a beautiful red floral fabric.
I am very excited about the way the quilt came out. It was my first time doing appliques on a quilt and I think I am a FAN :).
This quilt will be sitting on my quilt closet awaiting a new owner :).
Front: 100% Cotton Prints and Solids. Raw edge appliques.
Batting: Warm & Natural 100% cotton
Backing: 100% Cotton Prints and Solids
Completed Dimension: 74" x 90"
Quilting Method: Free Motion Quilting around appliques. Straight line quilting along the framing straight fabrics.
Binding: Machine Sew to Front and Hand Sew to Back
I will be sharing the quilt at these very lovely Linking Parties.