Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pretty Bricks Quilt Complete

This pretty little Pretty Bricks Quilt is now complete :). This quilt contains beautiful soft colors from a variety of designers and fabrics (see bottom of this post for a list of fabrics).

IMG_7506

and sitting pretty waiting to be used and loved:
IMG_7508

This quilt contains no shashing - instead it has a simple repeating pattern throughout the quilt top:
IMG_7498

The quilt back is as simple as can be - a single sheet beautiful print from Henry Glass and Co. The contrast shows up each side of the quilt but at the same time each consist of beautiful florals for consistency:

IMG_7500

For the binding I used a playful and colorful polka dot cotton print. I love how the aqua plays against the pink of the fabric and it picks up the aqua from some of the fabrics on the quilt top:
IMG_7505

I do love this little girly quilt. It has a soft beauty about it.  It's simple design keep the focus on the beautiful fabrics.  

IMG_7503


Quilt Information:
Pretty Bricks (1)
Front: 100% Cotton Prints and Solids. Fabrics include:
   -Kona Solid Cotton-Tarragon from Kona
   -Novo Blossom: Nude from Alexandr Henry
   -London Cats Vine - Pink   
   -Riley Collection  from Anna Griffin
   -In the Flight: Floating Butterflies from David Textiles
   -Magical Solid Melon   
   -In The Manor - Floral Pale - Sage from Kaye England
   -Prospect Park from Kitty Yoshida for Benartex

Batting: Warm & Natural 100% cotton
Backing: 100% Cotton Print (Summertime from Henry Glass and Co)

Completed Dimension:  Approximate 42" x 54"
Quilting Method: Straight Line Quilting
Binding: Machine Sew to Front and Hand Sew to Back (Brush Me Mine for Moda)

Pattern available soon.  I'm a little backed up with projects so I'm hoping to get this and other patterns out by this summer. **crossing fingers**

I am sharing this finished quilt at these lovely Linking Parties.

-Q

36 comments:

Pootle said...

That quilt is beautiful! x

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, perfect for newborn photography!!

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful quilt!!

Jaclyn | One Thousand Oaks said...

This is great! Someday I am going to make a quilt...someday. I would love if you linked this up to my Make it for less party! It goes on every Monday at www.Simplycadence.blogspot.com

All Things Fee said...

Beautiful! I have a traditional brick quilt ( just rows of rectangles offset from the row above and below) and love it!


Would love for you to share at Calling all Crafters!
http://allthingsfee.blogspot.com/2011/05/calling-all-crafters-8th-edition.html

JoAnna said...

I really love the colors in that. I am really drawn to the moss green and the peach colors. Really pretty!!

Boden said...

Oh my goodness, this is just so feminine and pretty. Your quilt has such a charming, welcoming look to it. Wonderful work! Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

Live a Colorful Life said...

so soft and pretty.

Ashley said...

this turned out beautiful!!!! simply love it

Lisa said...

oh so pretty the fabric i love.
hugs :)

Lindsay said...

Beautiful soft colors! You did a great job!!! I have some of the butterfly fabric and I love it so much I don't want to use it up on anything! :)

Lindsay said...

Beautiful soft colors! You did a great job!!! I have some of the butterfly fabric and I love it so much I don't want to use it up on anything! :)

Emily S said...

Oh my goodness this is BEAUTIFUL! Your choice of colors was superb! Wonderful job.

Emily
Deviantly Domesticated
http://stephaniehillberry.com

Emily S said...

Oh my goodness this is BEAUTIFUL! Your choice of colors was superb! Wonderful job.

Emily
Deviantly Domesticated
http://stephaniehillberry.com

cherished bliss said...

This is just gorgeous! I hope you will share at my party : )

http://www.cherishedbliss.com/2011/05/craft-and-tell-no6-and-features-too.html

sewhappiness said...

It turned out AMAZING!!! What a lovely quilt:)

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful quilt! It is so light and girlie. I really love the fabric on the back!

~Michelle

Sew Can Do said...

Great job - love the prints you used! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

LisaAnn said...

I always love your quilts! This one is no different, the colors are wonderful!

Girl in Pink said...

Great choice of fabrics/colors and your work is amazing! Adorable quilt! Nicely done!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Quiltstory said...

I dunno if it was just me, but most of the text in the post was weird symbols...but based on the photos, GORGEOUS!! Love this soft palette and design, so sweet! Thanks for linking to Fabric Tuesday!

Kath said...

love love love the fabric for this quilt. it is lovely and sweet.

I'm a new follower!
kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

Crafted by KatieB said...

This...is...beautiful! It reminds me of the beach on a warm summer evening...how the colors are soft and flow together. I love the backing, too. Simply gorgeous!

Katie
craftedbykatieb.blogspot.com

Sew Hungryhippie said...

GORGEOUS quilt! I love it...
natalie

Unknown said...

I must say... wow... this quilt is incredible! I love the colors, the building,... everything about it!
I'm starting a new linky party today on my blog and would love if you'd link up to it!
www.daughterbydesign.blogspot.com

Marcia W. said...

Beautiful colors and so soft looking

Ginger said...

Love it! It's so beautiful! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Oh its so pretty and happy! I love the fabrics you used.

Seaweed and Raine said...

I don't usually find myself drawn to soft pastle colours - but your quilt is just so beautiful, I wish I were snuggling under it right now! You have used a gorgeous range of fabrics and colours, and I love the simplistic lines in the quilting. :)

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

Beautiful quilt! Thanks for linking it up at the craft catwalk. I'm featuring this today :)

Amy Gilman and Emily Lee (Sisters of the Wild West) said...

Fantastic colors! Love your quilt. I am featuring you tonight!
Amy
www.Sistersofthewildwest.blogspot.com

Jennifer DeDonato said...

swoon...I love this quilt. oh and the back fabric is perfect!

Kath said...

love this quilt. the fabrics are gorgeous!

new follower!
kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

what a lovely quilt! thanks for sharing! Have a nice weekened!

Stacey - Elle Belle said...

So pretty! I think the dot binding is my favorite part!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love that the repeat is subtle and not noticed up close. Pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...