Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Celebrate Seuss! Pillows x 2

These 2 pillow are for my 2 boys. The older one (Asher) is a big fan of Dr. Seuss and really excited when I got the fabrics for these. It was his idea to make pillows out of the fabrics. I think he did an excellent job making that decision and I had blast making his vision come true :).

IMG_2825

These 2 pillows are designed the same, but they vary by the fabric cut.  I made sure that each pillow gets a good number of characters on them.

seuss_pillow2

The pillow tops are pieced together and then quilted to create an extra comfy feel. It also created a sturdier pillows that hold its shape very well. As you can see I love to quilt and I tend to quilt all my pillow tops as well :).

IMG_2820

For the back of the pillow I repeated the colors from the pillow top but cut it larger. One of the pillow I used off white and green solids and the other orange and blue solids.

seuss_pillow1

Both the pillows turned out beautifully and they add a very fun touch to the boys' room.

IMG_2828

I'm sharing these fun pillows at these marvelous Linking Parties.

23 comments:

Amanda said...

These are so cute, thanks for sharing!

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

I haven't seen that fabric before and I LOVE IT!!! Please add this to the linky party today (every Wednesday!)
www.seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com
Jenny

janimal said...

Oh they are terrific, what a good job!

Oh Sew Addicted said...

wow! Awesome! I love them! The colors are spectacular! Great job!
carla louise
www.ohsewaddicted.com

Emily Thompson said...

Very cute! love the brightness.

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

These are adorable! The quilting really sets them apart!

CountryBelle said...

Those colors are great! I love dr. Seuss!

Anonymous said...

these pillows are so cute!! I love this fabric! If you ever have a chance I'd love for you to link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com oh & p.s come enter my giveaway for an inspirational dog print :)

Lisa said...

These are adorable! The Dr Seuss fabric is really cute!

Katie said...

Thank you so much for linking up your pillows to Sew Woodsy! We featured them today! Please make sure you grab a featured button and display it proudly!

http://sewwoodsy.blogspot.com/2011/01/friday-features-on-monday.html

annies home said...

pillows are super cute

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Saw you on the hodgepodge linky party. LOVE the pillows! I am thinking something like that would be a nice donation/gift to a school library or classroom for their reading corners. :)

Quiltstory said...

Those are sooo cute. I love that your son had a hand in it too, that is very sweet!

Chantal said...

Great pillows! My boy is a Dr Seuss fan as well. He'd love these :)

the cape on the corner said...

how cute and colorful! great job!

the cape on the corner said...

how cute and colorful! great job!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Q-

I worship Seuss. These are adorable...

Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice last week.

FYI: Creative Juice is on hiatus until the week of Valentine's Day because of The Beat the Winter Blues Party.

If you have any cool photo project you'd like to link up...stop by!

http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2011/02/beat-winter-blues-tackle-those.html

Red Pepper Quilts - Rita Hodge said...

How much fun are these fabric? Love the pillows you've made!

Wendy said...

Really cute! Such cool fabric and great for boys.

Ivory Spring said...

These are so cool - perfect for your boys!

Alecia said...

I really love your use of the bold blue, orange, and olive with those prints. What a special treat for your kids!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What fun pillows!

Mary Jo said...

Wow! These are so cute! Wish I had some! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...