Friday, December 27, 2013

Gingerbread Houses and Bubble Snow Fun

Gingerbread House making madness...

5 adults, 7 children, many many candies later we had our first Gingerbread house decorating get-together.  It was a lot of fun and we will definitely be doing this again next year :)


Nothing like bowls of candy and treats to get the kids (and grownups) hyped it!  Can you believe some of this actually made it onto the houses ;)?


I made my own little gingerbread car and road.  Grownups need their fun too right?!


I found some great recipes for gingerbread and royal icing HERE.  That's a great website.  The house was much easier to put together than I thought.  I made some bigger ones from a big template I found online and smaller ones freestyle.  Both worked out wonderfully.


Also amongst all the Christmas fun, one of our neighbors down the way go CRAZY with decorations each year.  This year they had a 'snow machine' - shoots out soap bubbles :).  Of course the kids had a blast.  Here's Silas just showing in 'snow'.


Hope everyone is enjoying some down time and making beautiful memories :).  Take care and have a great Christmas weekend!

1 comment:

Winnie said...

What a beautiful Gingerbread House!!

I wish you a very Happy New Year

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...