My first little minky blanket for Aya. She's 16 months now and it's the weather is getting warmer, so it's time for a different lighter and slightly larger blanket.
The top is a cotton print from Riley Blake (found here). I didn't want this blanket to be super girly so I went with a more gender neutral print and color. For the backing I used a 'dimple minky'. I didn't add any layers in the middle since I don't want her to be too warm in the upcoming months.
Next up, I decided to make a quick little half apron - the second one (first one posted here)...figure it's about time I had a backup.
A closeup of the print - LOVE IT! I finally have an excuse to use the Ballerina canvas I had in my stash :).
In case you missed it-here's a repeat of the half apron tutorial I posted a little while back:
Here's how I did it:
Easy Half Apron Tutorial
- Cut your fabrics:
- Top fabric: ~21" x 17"
- Lining fabric: ~19" x 13"
- Ties: 2 pieces 21" x 2.5"
- Fold 1/4" and sew down all raw edges of the lining and top fabric
- With the top fabric right side down , place the liner right side up on top of the top fabric. Make sure that the liner fabric is about 1 inch lower than the top fabric.
- Fold down the two short edges of the top fabric over the liner and sew down. Make sure that the top fabric is sewn so that the edge of the liner fabric is completely covered
- Fold down top edge of the top fabric about 1" over the liner fabric. Insert a tie on each end of the folded top. Sew down the top edge and the inserted ties.