These small fabric Christmas trees will add some holiday spirit every space. Here's a quick picture tutorial on how to make these trees for yourself - and of course I turned to my 12 Days of Christmas Moda Charm pack.
Materials (for each tree):
- Various sized fabric squares 2" - 5". Need about 4-5 squares
- Strip of fabric - 2" x 8"
- Small Play-Doh container - emptied
- hot glue gun
- some tiny 'ornaments' to decorate the tree with - I used a sparkly paper cut out for the top ornament and some beaded string for the tree.
- Get your materials ready and hot glue gun heated
- Cut each fabric square into a free form circle - you could make the edges ruffled like pictured or any other decorative edging of your choosing. Cut out 4-5 of this circles - each one a little smaller than the previous.
- Starting from the largest fabric circle cutout, hot glue fabric onto the straw. I gather the fabric slightly to make it even around the straw. Leave about 1/3"-1/2" between each piece of fabric.
- Trim off the straw on the top of your tree - up against the fabric. Trim off base of the tree - make sure you leave enough straw so that the tree sits nicely in the Play-Doh container.
- Put some hot glue on the emptied Play Doh container (I use those tiny Play-Doh containers) and wrap the 2" fabric strips around it. This will be the base of the tree.
- Put a bunch of hot glue in the center of the Play-Doh container and stick your tree in - the straw part only not the fabric :).
- Decorate your tree however you like.
Right now these has been in the possession of my 3 year old - yes these trees are very durable ;)