Thursday, July 26, 2012

Boy and Girl Quilt - PINS

Do you ever get the feeling that you have a hundred projects going on at once?  I feel that way right now.  For the life of me I don't know how it get this way.  But no complaints here ... as long as I could get some of these finished soon to de-clutter my sewing table ;).

Not along ago I decided to start some simple square quilts.  I had some cute boy and girl fabrics in and couldn't wait to get them cut.  These are finally ready for sandwiching and hopefully I'll get around to quilting them in the next couple of weeks - 3 quilts total.

 
One of the things I really enjoy during this process is getting out my big roll of batting ... yeah I don't know why.  But I love hauling it out and just cutting into it.  Sometimes I purchase pre-cut batting to size but because of the varying and improv quilts I make I like to get the big rolls most of the time. 


 Here's a closer look at the little boy quilt (most fabrics are from the Ten Little Things collection from Moda).  I haven't decided how I want to quilt this yet.


And a look at the little girl quilt ( fabrics from the Fresh Cut collection).  I think I want to experiment with the orange peel (tutorial could be found here).


Hopefully I'll have more to show very soon :).  Happy sewing everyone.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...