Monday, July 9, 2012

Wedding Crafts

My sister's wedding was last weekend in South Lake Tahoe in Nevada/California.  It was absolutely gorgeous and I am very happy for my sister and my brand new brother in-law.  Our boys had a great time as ring bearers for the wedding.  Here are some of the before-the-wedding fun in preparation for the wedding: custom ring bear pillows and tie/bow that perfectly matches the wedding colors :)

The wedding colors were mainly eggplant purple and green, accented by NATURE :) - to match with the pine trees and natural decor of Lake Tahoe.   For the ring bearer pillows I decided to pull all these elements together but also keep the design on the simple side.  The finished pillows are about 8.5 inches square.


To make the ring bear pillows I started with 2 off-white pillows - stuffed with the same stuff I use to stuff regular pillows.


Then I gathered all the decorations needed for the pillow - ribbons, pine cones, rings, and of course HOT GLUE GUN.  I gathered the pine cone rosettes from my front yard :)


I started assembling the pillows by layering the ribbons - held nice and tight by a few pumps from the hot glue gun.


 Top with a fancy bow made by the same green ribbon:


Finish with the pine cone rosette and rings - don't forget to use as much hot glue as possible to keep everything nice and tight.  I'm glad I did because I boys put these pillows to the test during the wedding :)

And voila - a pair of custom made ring bearer pillows:


For the boys' ties I saw this great tutorial HERE.  It was super easy to make and the results were fabulous.  I also made a pair of bowties as well - just in case the boys didn't want to wear the ties.  Turns out that they loved the ties.

Making the ties was as easy as cutting out the fabrics:


Follow these easy steps and you have ties (and bowties) ready for use.  I recommend making your own kid's ties - it's easy, you could custom it to any color theme and you save a bunch of $$.


Another perk of making your own children's ties - since the boys saw the whole process they LOVED wearing the ties they 'help' make :)

Two happy boys ready to walk down the aisle.


Congratulations again Feng and Mike - you two make a SUPER cute couple :).  I am very proud and happy for the both of you.

15 comments:

mammafairy said...

gorgeous boys! lovely makes, may your sister and her husband have a long and happy marriage. And may they always fight on the same side!

Alex said...

what a great idea! What sweet lil guys.

Maria Kitching said...

These are lovely. My sisters wedding is December 4th and my son will be a ring bearer, I love this idea.
Maria Crafty Chic

Unknown said...

This turned out so cute! Love the bow. I'm a new follower and would love if you followed me www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

These are sooo adorable.. but seriously.. your little guys in purple ties is priceless! Soo sweet!
Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo!
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

Amanda said...

Turned out wonderfully! Thanks for sharing at I Made It! Monday. Be sure and grab a featured button when you link up this week.

Unknown said...

Amazing wedding crafts! The bowties are cute and I think it will look good for boy suits fine.

Unknown said...

They do look good on boy suits with bow-ties! Even more if its color matches the tie. This craft would be perfect for my sister's wedding in mint green motif.
-Cassandra

Anonymous said...

I also tried this design for a baby shower gift. It was cute! Thanks for sharing this!

-Ellie May

Anonymous said...

Nice DIY wedding accessories you have there! On my sister's wedding I will try to make one and see if she will like it.

Shirley Dunn

Anonymous said...

Nowadays, being creative, artistic and practical really matters. Instead of buying expensive clothes, for me, do-it-yourself ideas like this one is a good way to save money.

Kristen Stimpson

Anonymous said...

The DIY ring bearer pillows shown above can be made as a promotional gift if you are engaged in a wedding business. Thank you for sharing this.

Duane Little

Anonymous said...

I’m so grateful that I’ve found your blog post about wedding crafts! Just in time for my sister’s wedding preparation.

-Rachel Bennette

Unknown said...

Hey, that's very creative and resourceful. I'm gonna show it to my sister, she might like this idea for her wedding. Anyway, your boys are so cute and they looked very happy. I'm sure they're glad you made them part of the preparation.

-Gwyn Stiles

Drew Watts said...

Such cute Wedding Crafts! Loved these miniature pillows. I think DIY weddings are very amusing and lovely. My sister had a DIY chic rustic wedding at one of NYC wedding venues. She made all decoration items of her own and everyone loved them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...