Thursday, August 25, 2011

Raw Edge Circle Quilt - Red Trim

Inspired by the (very talented) Allison's beautiful Raw Edge Circle Quilt I decide to make one of my own.  What can I say?  It was a lot of fun!  I absolutely love raw edge appliques and this quilt definitely fits the bill.

For mine I decide to use a bold reds and aquas with some earth tones:
IMG_2395

If I remembered correctly (which half the time I usually don't...arg!) I think I used about a dozen different fabrics for this quilt. Most of the fabrics are either bolt ends or favorites I had in my personal stash for a while and was waiting for a project like this to use it.

For the binding I used an old favorite from Moda I have used before in previous bindings - LOVE the color - it totally brings out the reds in the quilt nicely:
IMG_2404

For the backing I used one of the fabrics from the front (Artful home from Henry Glass) along with a earthy light green/olive solid fabric:

IMG_2402

A view of the full front and back:
IMG_0979-tile

I love the way this quilt turned out. It's a detailed and colorful design and fabric choice compared to some of the more modern-feel quilts I've been working on lately.
IMG_2409

Quilt Information:
Raw Edge Circle Quilt - Red Trim
Front: 100% Cotton Prints
Batting: Warm & Natural 100% cotton
Backing:  100% Cotton Print and solid
Completed Dimension: 53" x 63"
Quilting Method: Free-Style
Binding: Machine Stitched for extra durability

This quilt is available for sale HERE.


I will be sharing this quilt at these great linking parties.

27 comments:

Sandy said...

Found this via Creation Corner link up party... this is so gorgeous! I so wish I could quilt like you!

Anonymous said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I love the colors!

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, this is beautiful! The colors are amazing.

Biz said...

I'm a beginning quilter and I am in awe of this magnificent quilt!
I've only made a 9 square quilt for my baby cousin and I am in desperate need of making a quilt for my own little one due here in about 5 weeks!
I hope someday I'll be able to tackle something as colorful and fun as what you've shown here!

Biz

Threeundertwo said...

That is beautiful! I love raw edge applique; I'll have to go look at the pattern.

Thanks for linking up to Finished for Friday.

Rose Garden Malevik said...

Really Beautiful :)
and do not miss....


S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

WELCOME :)
Håkan ( The Roseman)

Megan said...

Beautiful quilt! This pattern has been on my "to-sew" list for a while, and I think it just got bumped to the top. :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

Unknown said...

I love this quilt! I think I've seen this is a magazine before, but yours is even more fabulous. I may have to use this pattern for a quick Christmas gift. :)

And I bet this would be super quick to cut up with the accuquit circle template. If only I had an accuquilt! Ha! :)

Debbie said...

Great quilt! I think you made a good choice on the binding too!

Toni said...

Fabulous quilt! Allison is super, isn't she? Your colors are very pretty and I love the aqua fabric on the back!

Jamie said...

Beautiful Quilt!!

Feel free to link your quilt up to my new Make Yourself Monday Blog Hop!

-Jamie
For Love of Cupcakes

Jennifer Juniper said...

I really love the fabrics you chose!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt, love the fabrics!

Mary said...

Very pretty...nice mixing of colors!

Sara said...

LOVE! Would LOVE it if you would share this at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now! ;)

Cherise said...

Beautiful quilt! Great job! Thanks for sharing! :)

Kathleen said...

Gosh I love your quilt. It's beautiful. I am just starting to quilt again after a long absence and for me picking the fabrics that work together is the hardest thing. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Blessings,
AlwaysSewLove

The Quilt Ladies said...

Wonderful the colors are GREAT !

nicole said...

ooh it's gorgeous!
the binding really does bring it all together :D

Bailey K. | Travel Heals said...

this is beautiful! (i really wish i knew how to sew!)

Cynthia said...

I really like the fabrics in this... they're beautiful!

Amanda Dickson said...

Lovely quilt...the colors are great!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful quilt! I love raw edge applique! Thanks so much for linking up to Made With Love this week! I'm featuring you on the FB page today! http://www.facebook.com/SewChatty

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

This wonderful post totally contributed to the blog party's success! Thanks for linking up at Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

Sachiko said...

Soo pretty. I love the colors and patterns on this quilt!

Emily said...

The colors are awesome! Thanks for linking up
Emily
domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Featuring YOU over on my blog today. Love this! :) Come check it out & grab a button if you'd like. Thanks so much for sharing this at last week's {wow me} wednesday party.

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts

http://gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com/2011/09/take-look-at-you-its-fall-yall.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...