Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Wrapup: Seeing Stars

First off I am glad that my local post office is not closing.  News is that nearly 3,700 USPS post offices will probably be closing soon.  To check if your local post office is on the list go HERE.

IMG_1417

In addition to closing offices they will also be canceling Saturday services. I wonder what kind of other changes are on the horizon and how this will affect small business like mine who depends on the USPS for shipping.  I guess we'll have to wait and see and keep our fingers crossed that changes are for the better...

On to some lighter discussions, I've been seeing a lot of star quilts around so I decided to make one of my own.  Never made these before so I was a little bit nervous about it, but so far they are so much fun to make! Here's my progress so far:

IMG_1421

I still have a huge stack to complete:
IMG_1423

I love quilting! :)

2 comments:

Ivory Spring said...

Love the fresh colors on that block!

Jenniffier said...

That is going to be a very lovely block

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...