Their very own Superman and Batman Trick-or-Treat bags of course :).
The idea started when I was at Target over the weekend and ran into these cute little trick or treat bags:
Unfortunately I didn't get good shots pre-modification. One is a spider modif and the other a cat.
Cute but doesn't match the boys' costumes ... but for $1 a piece and knowing that I'll have to make them SOME sort of bag I decided to get them anyways. That's what extra felt and some creativity is for right? :P
So remember these extra Superman and Batman felt patches from the cape?
They will be put into good use after all. A quick little picture tutorial of what I did to make the patches (I mixed pictures from the Batman and Superman patches to show each patch in progress):
- Use parchment paper and trace logo from a t-shirt or other source.
- Pin along - but NOT directly - on the traced lines onto the felt
- Cut along lines
- Do this for both the colors for each patch accordingly
- Then pin the top colors (red for Superman, yellow for Batman), on top of the bottom colors (yellow for Superman, black for Batman)
- Blanket stitch along all edges where the top edge covers the bottom piece
As for the bags, I just took scissors and some good ol' fashioned muscles then off comes the little spider and cat - leaving plain black bags. There was some remnants I couldn't remove but the patches covered it right up.
Once the bags were ready, I stitched the patches straight on each one and voila! Easy-peasy Trick or Treat bags for my Superman and Batman:
Perfect size openings on top for both my little guys - haha Oh I do wish they get healthy treats like these when the day comes :P -
Happy TRICK or TREATING!
I am sharing this project with these fun linking parties :).