So on with the next Christmas project: Holiday Magnets ... and course using my handy Charm pack of 12 Days of Christmas from Moda fabrics.
What about something like this? :)
This is how I made this:
- Start with a packet of magnets. I got these at CVS Pharmacy a while back. It has a nice round button top with a nice size magnet on the back. $0.99 for 6. Not bad :).
- Using double sided tape - or sticky thing you have around thing house - cover a good portion of the top with it.
- Pick a nice print that would fit on top of the magnet button and place the tape side down on the WRONG side of the fabric
- Cut around the magnet button about 3/5" - this on your magnet button. You want to make sure you could wrap it around the button without covering the magnet on the other side.
- Using a hot glue gun, squeeze some hot glue on the wrong side of the button and fold the fabric over. Go around the whole button, carefully folding over a little bit of the fabric at a time - making sure the glue holds it nice and tight.
There you have it - a nice little holiday touch to a plain little magnet. Right now it's being used by my little boys as play chips, magnets for their play fridge and ... hmmm now it's gone... hopefully I'll find it again when we start getting Christmas cards :P. I'm going to get some more magnets so I could get at least a dozen of these going by Christmas time.
Here's the first 4 I made:
Can't wait to do more of this...once I get some more glue for my glue gun - again I blame my kids for 'misplacing' them :P.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find creative ways to show off your Christmas cards this year.
See more of the 12 WEEKS of Christmas Projects - links also available on the top left corner of this blog :).
I'll be sharing this little creation at this wonderful Linking Parties.