Friday, September 13, 2013

Bias Tape Maker & Flag Bunting

Okay I finally did it.  I brought a bias tape maker.  I have put it in my shopping cart on Amazon a dozen times and have taken it off.  Even placed an order for it once then cancelled it.  Don't know why, but I just couldn't justify getting it.  Until now.

So I brought it.  It's the Simplicity Bias Tape Maker found here on Amazon.  So far, I LOVE it!  It's fast...actually I wish it was a little slower or have the option to control the speed.  But nonetheless, it gets the job done and super easy to use.

Very easy button system - turn on, set temperature and hit RUN.


I brought a 3/4" tip and found that the hardest part was feeding in the bias tape initially.  After that it was just as easy as pushing a button...literally.  After a few times I didn't use the roller so I don't have to go through the extra step of rolling up all the tape.


Super easy to use.  Feed it in twice to get DOUBLE folded bias tape.  Make sure to fold the tape in half and do not use the tip - just fit it in straight into the pressing part.  This is the part when I wish I could control the speed because I couldn't fold the tape fast enough to keep up with the rolling and had to stop the machine a few times to 'catch up'.


Overall a great machine.  Before long I had enough double bias tape.

What am I making with these?  Bunting Flags :) - I'm addicted to them and just started to add then to the shop.  Here's the first 3 sets...more to come! 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...