Monday, December 27, 2010

Survived Another Christmas :)

Love the holidays.  Love Christmas, but boy am I glad it is OVER!

To finish up the year, I decided to bake cookies.  A LOT of cookies.  My estimate is about 400 - give or take a few dozen :P.

Here's the line up:

Mini Gingerbread Men and Women Cookies:

IMG_1364

These turned out fabulously. It was my first time making gingerbread cookies. I am definitely making these again next season...or maybe even before then ;).  I didn't realize that fresh baked gingerbread could be this yummy.  Decorating them was A LOT of work but it was super fun and the results makes me smile each time I look at the pictures.

IMG_1372

How could you resist these little faces :).

IMG_1380

White Chocolate Chip, Cranberry, Macadamia Nut Cookies

Yep - I think the name of these cookies give away half the ingredient list :P. These are a favorite in our household and red cranberries look awesome this time of year.

IMG_1365

Mexican Wedding Cakes

These little snowball looking treats are super easy to make but makes a big impact. My husbands NEW favorite!

IMG_1352


Toffee!

An extra special treat - Toffee :). Love the extra crunch and cookie break from these toffees.

IMG_1356

Not pictured are Sugar Cookies decorated with Christmas Sprinkles - guess I was about ready to pass out by the time I got around to making Sugar Cookies :P.

I started baking around 8:30am and didn't stop until 3pm. It was a constant cycle of mixing, scooping, cookie cutting, oven, cooking rack and finding a container big enough to hold the cookies until they were ready to be packaged.

When it did come time to package up the tins I got a little nervous - did I have enough cookies? Will they taste good? Did I have enough tins? Well 25 tins and hundreds of cookies later I was finally DONE. Everything turned out beautifully and my kitchen was not COMPLETELY destroyed :P.

IMG_1385

Happy Be-Lated Christmas everyone!

IMG_1379

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...