Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Our 'new' place is turning out to be quite the zoo. Besides from owls, wild turkeys, snakes, cats (neighbors'), we now have whole nest of baby birds. I don't know much about birds, but from what I've been told based on my description of these birds they are Finches: tiny, grayish and makes a lot of chirping noise. A few of weeks ago I noticed a couple of Finches flying about our entry way. Then last week I saw this:



Nestled in this:



That's one of two hanging planters in our entry way patio. I can't believe it took me so long to figure it out since all the clues were so obvious:
  • 3 previous times I tried to water the planter, a bird flies out of it
  • check out the way all the foliage has been rearranged by the birds - hahaha plants do not naturally grow like that :P
  • Excessive bird chirping noises every time we walk pass the planters
DUH!

Well I'm glad I noticed the eggs when I did or else I would've ended up watering these little cuties:



They hatched shortly after the discovery of the eggs - all 4. This picture was taken a couple of days ago so they have a bit more fuzz and they are a lot more alert now. I've still try to water the planter but only enough to keep the plants alive and very carefully.

Aren't they adorable! The kids looks at them everyday when they get home. Feels like we're running a zoo around here :).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...