Saturday, April 24, 2010

Adding to The Stash - Man's Best Friend

I couldn't help myself - I picked up 2 yards of fabric this week. Normally it's no big deal, but the 2 fabrics (1 yard each) is something that I have no idea what I'm going to use it for or is something that I usually pick.

Here's a photo of them:

 IMG_3392
One yard each. Same design - just different colors.

Yep, it's a dog motif - dog bone, dog house, dog food, and ball.  The fabric is by designer Yuko Hasegawa called "True Companions Toys" in Rust and Brown.  I guess I was thinking of my two real life dogs when I was picking these up.  Don't get me wrong, the design is very adorable and the fabric quality is great.  However, I'm not quite sure what to do with this.  I have no other fabrics to match or really go with this.

One thing I considered using the fabric for is pillow tops or a dog sheet/pillow for the dogs.  But it is a 100% cotton print fabric meant for quilting or similar purposes - I usually use a coarser and more heavy duty for making dog bedding.

For now this fabric will remain in my stash and hopefully I'll find a need for it soon.  It is very nice to look at since it always remind me of my first 2 babies.

IMG_2757
A picture of Crackers and Locke.  Since our second son came along these days have taken a permanent home in our courtyard outside.  Kid allergies, dog messiness and a smaller house all factor into the dogs no longer being inside.  It's been a big change, but they seem like they are really enjoying being outside :). Makes it easier to keep my sewing projects pet free and the kids from rashing up.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...