Monday, April 12, 2010

Boxed In Completed!

It's done!  It's done!  I felt like a lifetime ago, alright not quite :P, but IT IS DONE!  After nights and nights of hand-binding this lap size quilt it is now ready to be packaged up and handed off to my sister.

Here's some evidence of the completion:
IMG_3877
A whole 41"x59" of completed quilt.  The colors don't show up all that well in this picture, but you could get a feel of the quilt.

IMG_3879
Another view of the whole quilt.

A closeup of the front:
IMG_3881
I have a little worried about the color scheme for the blocks, but I think it turned out pretty good.  I really like the way out sashing around the blocks went together so well with the blocks.

Here's a closer view of the top and back:
IMG_3883
For the back I used an all white broadcloth.  I was afraid any business from the back would be a little too much for this quilt.  I went with a free motion swirls for the quilting style - about 1-1.5 inches apart.

A closer view of the binding and quilting:
IMG_3880
The hand binding gave the quilt a very nice finish.  The binding matched the color of the inner most fabric of the blocks.  Even upon close inspection, the thread was hidden in the binding. 


My sister don't really know much about quilts.  After I completed my hand-quilted one she really wanted one of her own and I was happy to help out.  Her request?  Something with a reddish theme to use on the couch.   However after completing this quilt and working on the Modded (brown) quilt, I think she may like the Modded one more actually.  We'll see.  I'll give her a choice when both are done - she may have to wait a little longer if she decides she wants the Modded one instead.

 Quilt Info:
Boxed In (1)
Front: 100% Cotton Print Fabrics
Batting: Warm & Natural 100% cotton
Backing: White Broadcloth 100% cotton
Completed Dimension: 41"x59"
Quilting Method: Machine, Free Style - Swirls 1"-1.5" apart
Binding: Machine Sew to Front and Hand Sew to Back

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...