Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Weekly Goals


Since the Spring Goals post I have been thinking a lot about what I want to accomplish for this site and for my craft.  Right now I try to dedicate a couple of nights during weekdays to sewing/design/blogging.  This usually end up being about 4 hours during weekday nights.  I rush home from work with tasks in mind and try to complete at least one of those tasks that night.  This usually is a short stretch of time since I have to juggle that time with preparing dinner and cleaning up the house before my husband gets home after picking up the kids.  On a good weekday night I get about 1-2 solid hour dedicated to my craft - usually 1.

On the weekends I try to squeeze in about 2-4 hours a day for crafts.  It's usually the time when one of the kids are asleep or when my husband is out with the kids (ie: walks, errands, etc).  It's hard to come up with a good solid block of time on the weekends since it's usually spent running errands or hanging out with the family.  I wouldn't want to spend more than 2-4 hours a day on weekends on crafts anyways since this should be family time. 

My long time goal is to spend more time on weekdays for my crafts and less time, or at least only NEEDED time, on the weekends.  How to accomplish that goal?  I'm not quite sure at this point.  Financially, it's not a good time for me to quit my full time job or even go part-time and the days are NOT getting any longer :P.  However, I am hoping the the first choice (quitting or working part-time) would open up in the future.  For now, I am trying to get into work earlier so I could leave early and hence get to my crafts earlier.  I am trying to organize my Weekly Goals at the end of each week in preparation for the next.  I am trying to organize my sewing room so that I am not wasting time trying to find things or make room for things. 

So, hopefully with the installment of Weekly Goals and lots and lots of organization I can design, create, and have more peace in my craft and hopefully that would transfer into a more peaceful family life also. I am working on my first installment of Weekly Goals as we speak. 

Cheers to goals!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...