Sunday, May 16, 2010

Enjoying Some Outside Time

Last weekend the family and I drive down to LA for a wedding.  The entire drive took about 6 hours with a few stops along the way.  One of the times we stopped at a patch of grass to enjoy some nice snacks and the boys got to run around a bit.  Guess which quilt I had in the trunk of the car?

Here's a glimpse of the quilt being used:
IMG_4177
That's me enjoying a nice warm California day.  My younger son, Silas, is enjoying some juice while watching his older brother run around the grass.  I guess the little guy wasn't a fan of grass - he stayed on top of the quilt the whole time.

Does that white and blue print look familiar?  It's the Extended Checked quilt!

IMG_4075

This quilt started with no owner in mind, then it was used as a quilt for my younger son.  But now, it is our picnic quilt apparently.  Every time we plan on a picnic or any activity that involves sitting on the ground, we just bring this quilt along.  It's a great size for the whole family without being overly big and cumbersome.  The completed quilt is about 53"x77".

Here's both of the boys on it - having some fun brother time.
IMG_4170
There was a lot of crawling, walking, drooling, and rolling around on the blanket.  

I think the colors goes great with the green grass:
IMG_4164
 A closeup of the quilt on the grass.

At first I thought the slight damp of the grass would soak through the blanket but the blanket held up very well.  I couldn't even feel any moisture or blades of glass through the blanket.  So far I have washed it 4 times and it is now in the trunk of my Prius again ready for another outing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...