After much thought - and some trial and error - I went with a dark gray, almost black, colored thread.
The dark gray was a little shocking next to the light gray fabric when I first started to quilt, but I got used to it after a while.
How many different colors did I end up trying before settling on the final one?
- Dark brown. There was a lot of dark brown on the quilt so I decided to match, but it didn't really go well when quilted on top of the other colors. Even on the dark brown, it thread color just blended and didn't provide much to the quilt top.
- Beige. Went really well with the Red print and Olive print fabrics. However it was too contrasting to the brown and didn't go well with the light gray at all.
I don't use a quilting frame - more on that on a later post - so I had quite a task maneuvering this larger quilt time around. But with the help of some sticky top gloves (my make-shift quilting clothes) I got it under control.
I garden a lot so I decided to get a clean pair of these gardening gloves from a local gardening center:
These are very thin so it doesn't feel clunky when quilting. All on the front are little sticky circles and provides a very nice grip for the quilt tops. I got this for a couple of bucks :).
I still have a little bit of quilting to finish up for this quilt. I'm kind of sad to see the quilting ending actually ... guess I really like this part of the process. Well here's the quilt right now waiting to be finished.