Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sweet Blocks - A Whole of Pinning and Sewing

My first time dealing with triangles and it's turned out to be a lot of work but the results are pretty satisfying :).  I've been spending the last couple of nights doing this:
IMG_4541

Now I have my stack of blocks ready for the sewing machine.  How did the pinning go?  It was a bit tricky cutting the triangles onto the squares correctly.  I had a brain freeze the first few times trying to figure out how to put on the triangles.  But I finally got it working ...
IMG_4540
Triangles on each 4 sides of the square.  I pinned it down with 2 pins each and it actually worked quite well once I tried to sew a couple of these up for testing.

I got most of the squares all pinned and now I could finally get to sew the blocks together.  Yeh!
IMG_4539
Pictured is about 75% of the blocks ready to go.  I have a few more to go but now that I got the hang out it hopefully it doesn't take me as long as the first few.

I also got a chance to piece together some of the quilt backing too.
IMG_4537

1 comment:

Ivory Spring said...

Sweet is definitely the word to describe those blocks.

Happy Piecing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...