The cutting process for Sweet Blocks took WAY longer than expected. With some unplanned end of the week activities, a busy weekend, and a couple of cranky kids it was near impossible this week to finish the cutting for this next quilt. Thankfully by Sunday night I finally got a chance to finish it up.
The Sweet Block's Stask:
Here was the stash pre-cut sitting in my living room for a while waiting for some TLC:
The design was printed and ready. The fabric was picked and ready. Me, NOT ready.
All the design prints are from Moda fabrics - Keiki Tweet Tweet and Momo Freebird. The solids are Moda Bella solids in white and others from the order at Fabricworm.com. Again, I am working on keeping track of fabrics a little more closely, but struggling with it as usual :P. I just love fabrics and if it's pretty, high quality, goes with the design of the quilt I will not hesitate to us it. So, I do use fabrics from sorts of designers and collections in the same quilt.
Another reason that I forgot to mention, was it was my first time cutting triangles for a quilt. As you can see from the design below, there are quite a few triangles to tackle:
There's a total of 140 triangles. I guess it's not a huge amount but it was for me - a newbie when I comes to triangles. Here's how I went about cutting them:
I cut squares out first and then cut each of the squares in half diagonally. Each square gave me 2 triangles. Hopefully I have the measurements correct for attaching it the quilt....
I can't wait to get this quilt pieced together - a big part of it is that I want to see if my design measurements worked out :P since this is my first quilt with triangles.