Monday, May 24, 2010

Quilting Drink of Choice

What's my drink of choice when I'm quilting?  Actually it's my drink of choice when I'm not quilting either :P.  A tall glass of Iced Vanilla Latte.  Just talking about it makes me want to grab another one - can't it's already 9pm and I'll be up all night if I give in.

I picked up an espresso machine from Costco a couple of years ago - Saeco Barista.  It's made a very reliable cup of coffee since day one and it's still going strong.  How I make a Iced Vanilla Latte at home?

  1. Fill glass about 2/3 full of ice.
  2. Pour in milk - a little over 1/2 full
    IMG_4516
  3. In a small bowl - add in about 2 teaspoon of Vanilla syrup - I use Torani
  4. Put in about 2 shots of espresso - about 3-4 ounces
    IMG_4517
  5. ENJOY with a straw and continue on with the quilting!
    IMG_4519
I usually use a 12-16oz cup.  Of course I adjust the volume of each ingredient based on mood :).

Oh yeah pictured above are my new favorite tumblers.  They are from a company called Vessel Drinkware and they have a huge selection of these acrylic tumblers with straws.  They are 16 ounces and ultra cute!  I couldn't resist.  I picked it up at Whole Foods Market but I think they sell it online and also in other stores as well.

IMG_4515
This is actually my SECOND one.  I got another one that is gray with a skull on it.  But I thought this would be a little cheerier when I'm quilting :P.

    3 comments:

    Leslie said...

    i really love your blog...you make such beautiful quilts. i can see why this would be your favorite drink anytime. yum

    Q said...

    Thanks Leslie! I'm drinking one as we speak! I'm pretty addicted to caffeine actually :P.

    Taylor said...

    OOOH, I don't have an espresso maker but I will have to try this with strong coffee! Have to put vanilla on the shopping list.

    Taylor
    www.maryjanesandgaloshes.com

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...