Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Project for Both My Boys

I always wanted to make little baby blankets for my 2 boys but I got trumped.  My husband's coworker was very generous and nice and made both my boys blankets before they were born.

However, I don't know why, but I feel the need to make them their blankets NOW.  Maybe 'cause I found these very cute fabrics I just cannot resist from FabricWorm - a Japanese Import print panel.

Here is the 2 small blanket tops sandwiched with the batting, ready for the backing:

IMG_4452
This one with a little bit of pink in it is for my older son - Asher who's 3.  He likes pink, balloons, and robots - all things this blanket has.  I am going to back this quilt with an all blue Moda fabric.


IMG_4451
This is for my younger son - Silas who's 1.  It has the same cute designs as the first fabric but has more green in it and no pink.


I can't wait for the boys to see these finished.  I have been sneaking these around so I could surprise them with the finished quilts :). Hahaha this will make up for the lack of making my own kids blankets.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...